03a11 rockS!

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Free KFC Vouchers!... not

Haha, oh my god, everytime I see the phrase "rotating knees" on this blog I just want to burst out laughing... the mental image of Sarah rotating her knees while trying to look sexy/sensuous is just too hilarious. :p

Anyway, speaking of driving... I recently had my first driving lesson! It was pretty fun though I was very nervous... thankfully I got a nice instructor who was very patient with me. It was kind of amusing, though, since during the "boring" parts where I had to just keep repeating the steps involved in changing gear etc., I could see him stifling yawns out of the corner of my eye. He must be bored stiff having to sit through the same thing over and over again every time he coaches new students. Even funnier, though, was how he'd sometimes freak out when I do something wrong and potentially dangerous. Well, ok, any other sane person would freak out too, but it's just funny to think that the instructor, who's supposed to save me us if anything goes wrong, gets freaked out really easily too. Maybe he's had too many bad experiences with lousy students like myself in the past. *grin* One time he freaked out was when I was practising driving forward and backward, but got so nervous that I accidentally let go off the clutch too fast and pressed the accelerator too hard and we started going forward REALLY fast, so much so that I thought I was going to crash into the cars in front of me. And the instructor was like, "The brake! The brake! No! You have to press the clutch first!" or something to that effect. *laughs* There was also this one time where I was practising doing left turns and turned too late and nearly crashed into the car in the next lane. XD So moral of the story, kids, is to never let me drive you anywhere if you value your lives. (Haha, for all you know I may be saying this as a ploy to ensure that in the future if I ever manage to pass the driving test and get a license, you guys will be too scared to ask me to give you a lift. :p)

Anyway, the reason why I decided to post an entry was because I wanted to ask if any of you are planning to take up driving at the Singapore Safety Driving Centre (the Yio Chu Kang one) but haven't signed up yet. Because I had this letter where, if I give it to a person newly registering, the SSDC will mail me a free $20 KFC voucher for successfully "recruiting" a new applicant. I was going to say that I would give the voucher to that person signing up since you guys all know how little I eat and so the voucher wouldn't be of much use to me, BUT I just re-read the letter and it says the promotion ended on 30th April. ^_^;; So much for THAT. :p

Well, I guess the only good thing that came out of it was that I finally posted an entry. Or maybe not in the case of you guys, since you all had to suffer through this thoroughly pointless entry - pointless because the entire point of this entry, the KFC vouchers, is no longer valid. :p In any case, anyone else besides PS learning driving? I know Kaori's taking her basic theory test sometime soon (or have you already taken it?)... anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home