03a11 rockS!

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

greetings

I feel like an alien posting here. Most of you must be at the Ritz Carlton now in your lacey dresses, pretty shoes and sharp suits, feasting and drinking in great jubilation. And then later you will all be whipping out your cams and luminating the nightsky with consecutive flashes to fossilize these beautiful memories for as long as the photos will stay together. Im sure prom night will be a really eventful one and that you will all enjoy this very precious time together as a class.

It doesn't feel too long ago that we were called from our very oddly different sec schools with all our prejudices, and bonded together in a gooey mixture of flour and ketchup. Rotten watermelons was definitely not the flavour we'd like to start the school year with, but it did unite us together with a common dread for it. It was pretty amazing how everybody quickly came together and allowed our softer sides to be exposed to each other.

I remember being invited to humans, the only thing that stood between me and this 'prestigious' programme was you guys. I eventually made the decision not to join, and im grateful I made that choice. The first three months was definitely one of the happiest times of my life. There were no worries of forthcoming exams, we got to see people with changing uniforms everyday and there was always bridge club to thrill our free time. It was just endless laughter making silly comments in class, skipping lectures and shopping after that!

The end of it was particularly disheartening. Since some of our friends had to leave us. We really missed em didn't we? But it only brought in another team of cool individuals, such as the blue uniformed girls who wouldn't seperate themselves. Well, my dad made me apply for humans and I got in, time for me to leave. I think it took a great deal of my joy away. But Im really thankful to have you guys providing me with the comfort and warmth swarming around the class bench in the morning. It was really nice to know I could still count on you.

Yeah, Im happy it didnt fizzle out, you guys were still accomodating. One thing happened after another and before I knew I was enlisting. The feeling is probably familiar to some of you right now. This year, I was struggling with my BMT and army life, taking me right into outer space. I saw way too little of you people. But its those perfectly happy memories that carried me through often.

Its been a year of my absence, and your absence to me. But none of your faces ever looked anymore less approachable than before, which is a rare thing. Im really happy to see you guys are still so well bonded together and am a little envious of your collective joy. Whatever the case, Im so proud to have been able to have at least a taste of that once in awhile. You guys have something absolutely incredible going and I hope it will not die out. Enjoy your prom people!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home